Master the art of cooking by joining Vail Village, the premier apartments in North Dallas, in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.
Feeling extra hungry tonight? If you’re looking to fulfill your appetite, while enjoying a new recipe, this take on the classic Italian dish, Chicken Parmesan, is where it is at! This recipe uses shrimp, instead of chicken, as the protein, but it still made with the same, delicious marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. And, don’t forget to top each plate with some grated Parmesan on your way out of your fully equipped kitchen! Everything you need to know is provided below, courtesy of your favorite apartments near Carrollton TX.
- 12 ounces jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 32-ounce jar marinara
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Mix the eggs, parmesan, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Dip each shrimp into the batter, coating all sides. Place the shrimp in the skillet and allow the egg and parmesan to form a crust, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, or any oven safe skillet, add the marinara sauce. Heat over medium until the sauce is heated through. Place the shrimp on top of the marinara sauce, then top each shrimp with one tablespoon of shredded mozzarella.
- Turn your broiler on high and place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the cheese melts and starts to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and top with grated parmesan and chopped fresh parsley for garnish. Serve with your favorite low carb pasta alternative.