There’s nothing like expanding your meal plan with a new recipe! Vail Village Club, which boasts 2 bedroom apartments in Dallas, proud to introduce you to new meal ideas that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.
As we all know, your family members and friends are always clamoring for new recipes from your kitchen, too. So, if you’re looking for one to experiment with, what better time to try one of our all-time favorite family meals? These Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches are made from five ingredients. Plus, they are as versatile as they are delicious. Check out the ingredients and directions for this easy-to-follow recipe below, courtesy of your favorite Far North Dallas apartments:
• 1 ½ to 2 pounds of pork roast
• 1 envelope dried onion soup mix
• Salt and pepper
• 1 can root beer
• 2 cups of barbecue sauce
• 10 hamburger buns
1. Place the thawed pork roast on a countertop and sprinkle with the dried soup mix. Pat the soup mix all over the roast. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and place in the crockpot.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the can of root beer and half a cup of barbecue sauce. Pour the mixture over the roast.
3. Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low heat for 6 1/2 to 7 hours. Remove the roast from the crockpot and shred it with two forks, then remove all but about a cup of the juice.
4. Put the shredded pork in the crockpot with the cup of juice, then add the remaining barbecue sauce. Stir it into the meat and cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes to get the meat warm.
5. Serve with hamburger buns and toppings as desired. Enjoy!